Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week #5: July 8 2016

¡Hola Todos!

This week has been FOREVER Long! I think that was mainly due to the fact that they changed our schedule like crazy and made p-day a different day. Speaking of which, my next and last preparation day in the CCM is next Wednesday! Things are really moving forward here and the work is going great! I am learning everyday how to be a better servant of Christ and am anticipating the field.

Some more of business items. Please send my letters to Nathan Beaver. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLANGIE! I hope you had a great day!

To my Family
I am so glad that you were all able to get together. I'm sorry that life is busy, but I've learned here that the day is actually easier that way. I'm glad things are progressing as a business and that you are able to stay on top of things even if it is crazy. Just a small request, do you think that you could send pictures? Those are the best. They speak more than the words do and it gives me comfort to see your smiling faces.

The GOOD STUFF!
1. It was wonderful to go to the temple this week and I have been thinking a lot about the Fall. I can testify that it truly was for a wise purpose that it happened that way and that I am so grateful for them.
2. We must be humble to receive God's help. I think this one is pretty cool because the more I have felt that I've needed His help, the more I've been humbled to realize I need it and I have received it, but only while I was humble.
3. A thought on my experience when asking to know if the Book of Mormon was true. A while back, and every time since, when I finished the Book of Mormon I took Moroni´s challenge. The experience I had was disappointing at first. There was no change in me. At first I thought it was because I had already know it was true all along. However, I think that I understand it more now. There did not need to be a change of heart because my heart was changed. I didn't need a different confirmation because I know with every fiber of my being that it is without a doubt true.
4. Being in a trio can be hard, but when we all feel the guidance of the Spirit, it is like having the mouth of 4 witnesses. VERY POWERFUL
5. Picture in your mind the finger of God touching the stones prepared by the Brother of Jared. Then think of this quote "Touch the lives of those you teach. Be the finger of God. Let them have the Faith to Change." -- Elder Bench 
He was showing me his little drawing book and it had a drawing and that quote.INSPIRATION
6. An Awesome word in Spanish acomedido-- helpful, obliging, solicitous, generous, attentive, courtious, Doing without being urged. This is a word that describes how missionaries should be!
7. When you get an impression, follow it in Faith without a doubt. I had an impression that I followed. I don't know why or if anything will come of it, but I have the comfort to know that I acted.

I love you all! Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie










No comments:

Post a Comment