Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week #9: August 8 2016

Hola Todos!
 First and foremost, my apartment number is 103. I realize that I forgot that so hopefully none of you sent anything this past week. Also, something I keep forgetting to write about, but is kind of cool. So, on July 1, our mission boundaries were changed and we lost the Annapolis stake but we gained two other stakes form the Pittsburg Mission. Jared might find that pretty cool!

Highlights from this week:
Well, I had my first exchange on Wednesday-Thursday morning. Then we went and did some emergency service for the Catholic school who needed help loading desks and chairs which was to be sent to West Virginia because of flooding there. Then after I get back from my Exchange, I find out that one of my companions is being Intermediately Transferred to Lancaster. Apparently, an elder there went home and Elder Skarda was sent up there to replace them. Friday, we went and did service that we do every other week and cleaned the floor of this homeless kitchen called Frederick Rescue. We went to the Temple on Saturday for our 6 month Temple trip. It is very beautiful there. We went to the Spanish session with most of our branch who went down to support Karen Gemio who was receiving her endowments as she leaves for her mission tomorrow. All in all a very interesting week.

Things I learned this week
1. The Lord does not bless until after the trial of our faith. This week we had almost none of our scheduled appointments work out. Also, all of the members that said they could go with us could not actually go. We had a very rough week, but yesterday we did get some comfort. We found a highly potential investigator named Ruth. We also talked to a man named Melvin who seemed very interested. Though we will likely have to refer these two to other companionships, I am happy to serve.
2. The key to being effective is to always remember that your time is the Lord's. I went on exchanges this week with my district leader Elder Wadsworth. He is actually orriginally from the PA mission. The thing that I liked about the experience was that he always had the priorities correct. we could be talking and suddenly he would change subjects because we were about to reach an appointment.
3. We are answers to people's prayers. Also on exchanges, we were on our way to visit a family in the ward but we stopped to talk to a lady named Katie. She was sitting on her step and we just started talking. She felt lost in her life but that God was there. We taught her the restoration and she was super excited. She said she had prayed for help and we came and gave her what she needed.
4. The priesthood is both real and has power to bless lives. Also on that same day, I had the opportunity to give a blessing. She was preparing to go into surgery and she wanted comfort. It was a really neat experience because apparently she was blessed with exactly what she needed. I am grateful to know that blessings really do come from God.

This week has been pretty amazing.

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

P.S. I will get better about pictures
These were the Elders from my CCM district

This is my first Sunday in Frederick. We had a baptism that day! His name is Jaime.

This is just a little puzzle we were working on during lunch one day

I didn't have time to take a good picture, this is as we were driving out

No comments:

Post a Comment