Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week #7: July 25 2016

Hola Todos!

It sure is great to be here on a mission! I am excited to say that I am in the best mission of the world. (Sorry to break it to you) Our mission motto, Teach repentance and Baptize converts. I am also glad to say that at this rate, I'm going to have the most companions ever on a mission. I am in another trio with two elders, Elder Skarda, and Elder Baum. They are both wonderful guys who are training me well. I am in the city of Frederick and my area covers all but one ward of the stake. The Spanish branch is awesome, and things are going well. Super exciting, we had a baptism this Sunday! His name is Jaime Ventura. He is truly a great guy and has such a strong testimony. We are working with 11 investigators and many less actives. I am still trying to learn everybody's names, but things are going forward.

Funny experience this week, we had a lesson with a guy named Pedro. It was a hand-off lesson from the Hermanas because Pedro kinda had a thing for one of the Hermanas. We met at a buffet and tried to teach but it was super difficult because Pedro has a cleft pallet and was super hard to understand. We will see where he goes as an investigator now that he cannot meet with the Hermanas any more...

Also, a cool experience for me was being able help a less active named Rene. He is a guy that knows what is right, but doesn't want to give up what he is doing. Though, in our last lesson, I was straight with him and was like do you want to be better? If you do what do you need to change? And then we made list of things he said he needed to change. I told him to put it in a place he would see it and that I would check with him every night how he did with his goals. We will see how that goes.

The GOOD STUFF!
1. Don't get stuck in a mindset that the way things are will always be. Do not doubt even before you try. I learned this because I see it a little in my companions who are great, but could be better if they did not have this mindset.
2. Be attentive and punctual. Like I said, my companions know their stuff and are great, but we plan and make goals, but I feel like we are selling ourselves short because we sometimes take too long with something, granted sometimes that is needed, and then we miss out on other opportunities. Basically Good, Better, Best. My companions are better than many others, but I think we can improve still to be the Best we can be.
3.Don't be afraid to open your mouth. Of the time I had the greatest success, it was when I just talked to all that I could. It also is a bit more difficult in Spanish because I am not the best at speaking or understanding.

I don't have a lot of learning points this week because most of it is applied. Also, I just did not have a whole lot of time just to think and write in my journal. Hopefully I will have more next week.

I love you all,
Elder Haynie







No comments:

Post a Comment