Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week #6: July 13 2016

¡Hola todos!
This eek seems a lot shorter because they moved p-day to today. This is my last week and I am very excited to be going to the field. I am scheduled to leave at like 7:30 on tuesday, which means we leave the CCM at 4:30. this is AM... Just a thought, Elder Bench told me to try using shampoo on the shirt collars. If it works, spread the word!

The good stuff!
1. I've been thinking about things I want in my future family, and I made a list of goals to make it possible. My thought is that as I am aligning myself more with God's will, certain things are becoming more important to me.
2. When we repent we need to be willing to do as King Lamoni (father) did. He was willing to give his sins. To me there are two essential parts to that. first, we need to be willing to give them up. When we sin we place our sins as having value, and we need to treat it like we are giving up our sins for the Pearl of Great Price. Second, we are giving our sins and their burden to Christ through His Atonement.
3. I was watching some Elders play basketball after I had finished playing with the Latinos(Which by the way was way fun! None of them were super great, and they really didn't know the rules all that well, but they were there just to play and have fun. It was very relaxing) Anyway, the american elders were playing a game of 5 v 5 and most of these guys had played in high school. I was amazed at the teamwork and the ability to have healthy competition. I think this was the result of two main things. First, as missionaries, we don't keep score so the game does not matter if it is won. Second, the Spirit that we have is a constant reminder of who we are and of the focus of the important things in life.
4. The Atonement leaves no traces, no Tracks...What it heals stays healed. I was really impressed by this quote because it shows the power of it. I also think it is interesting that Christ is the only one with scars on His resurrected body, and he has at least 8.
5. I am grateful for personal revelation and the ability to be prepared to hear specific answers to my prayers. It seems like every address we have answers something I have been searching for.

To my dad, you should look up D&C 132:5. Add it to your references of obedience, i.e. D&C 82:10.

My last thought is that we all make a goal to be as obedient as we possibly can.

¿Cómo se dice "chair"?

SEEYA
(for all the non-spanish speaking folk chair is silla and the double ll makes a yuh sound.)

Love,
Elder Haynie



No comments:

Post a Comment