Monday, August 22, 2016

Week #11: August 22 2016

Hola Todos!

This week has been very fast and long. During the week it seemed forever long, but looking back it feels like it all happened yesterday.

Highlights from the week. First off, we had Exchanges again and this time I stayed in the area and Elder Meyer came with me and we had a blast. He can't speak Spanish so basically I was all by my lonesome. The day started off pretty good, but things quickly got changed from what we had planned. There was a man the English elders found who needed a ride but we aren't supposed to give rides. Long story short, later that week we ended up picking him up as a super solid investigator. What a blessing. The rest of the week was a lot less eventful.

Good Stuff!
1. Talk with everyone. This is something I have been working on because it is the thing that scares me the most out here. It is hard to introduce yourself in your own language, but to share the gospel and introduce yourself in a different language is a little stressful. The thing about it is that it really is not as hard as it sounds. I am learning more and more how to talk with people, but the real key is to not be afraid and open thy mouth.
2. Do not Gossip! I didn't realize how harmful this could be until now. It is causing a pretty big rift in the branch. Point being, it doesn't really matter. We can still love them and treat them the same. As a missionary we deal with the worst sort of people. Yet, we are able to love them as Christ would. It is an amazing thing to be sitting with someone and trying to help them come unto Christ.
3. Service does miracles. We were having an interesting day and we missed the bus because it came early. So because of that we decided to contact until the next bus came. as we were about to head to the bus stop again, we walked by a family moving in. We helped them move and they were SOOOOO grateful! I was amazed! We had to continue on so we called the English elders to come and help. Because of that service, that families whole view changed and their hearts were softened.
4. There is no point in complaining. My companion has been sick since I got here. He never complains. He has been this way for almost his whole mission, all but his first two transfers and he is at a year. He also recently rolled his ankle super bad and we walked all day. He didn't say a thing about it. His outlook is a huge example to me. There is no point in complaining about things we cannot change. it is better to keep moving forward with a smile on your face because the Lord has bigger things for you.

This has been a growing week for me. I'm sorry I don't have pictures this week, my camera died at the zoo and the batteries I got don't work well with my camera, but I bought some good rechargeable ones today so next week you all can see my bright shining face with a new haircut, hopefully today! I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment