Thursday, June 30, 2016

Week #3: June 29 2016


Hola everybody!

I'm going to begin with some things I forgot in my last letter/things that are reminders to tell you guys. First, HAPPY FATHER's DAY! I was thinking about you but I forgot to wish you well on my P-day last week. Second I just wanted to let you know that I am super grateful for the picture of Grandpa. Third, try doing this, read your patriarchal blessing in the temple, specifically the celestial room. My teacher suggested it, and it was awesome. Fourth, if I forget things, it's because I don't have a ton of time to actually write and read everything. Fifth, Mom can you send my outlines that are on my email? Sixth, find my picture on the Mexico MTC facebook page. Seventh, a Hermana in my district made an awesome mission video that you should look up and share. Her name is Marissa Maxwell. Her video has gotten a ton of views already. VERY IMPORTANT, p-day is being moved to friday for the rest of my time in the CCM.

Okay, enough with business. This week has been really great! both of our "investigators" have committed to baptism and things are going well. I am excited to get to go to the temple again today. Other note, Hermana Maxwell got transferred to a latino district for the last three weeks and now we have two trios in our district. I am learning lots each day.

THE GOOD STUFF! here are some important things I learned this week.
1. Focus on the work is not a drain but a fountain of strength. I feel more tired after p-days then I ever do on normal days. I am grateful for this wonderful blessing
2. The Lord has exact timing. We are here at this moment for a reason. It is like the timing of a pink sunrise. Trust in that.
3. Be a disease! Do not give up, but keep on coming back to spread this great joy to the children of God.
4. Apply likes and dislikes to your investigator. Our teacher Hermano Gomez was demonstrating teaching and the investigator liked Clash of Clans, a strategy game. So, he used that to compare God as the master Strategist and that He being wise, created a plan whereby we could return to Him.
5. I will never complain about my size. I heard a story of a humble Elder who was 7'8"! he had a size 23 foot. He told the president not to worry about a bed because he didn't remember the last time he slept on one; not to worry about getting him shoes, because he had none, because he didn't remember the last time he had any.
6. I am not here to learn Spanish. I am here to learn how to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Spanish Language.
7. Who can I help today? Who can I lift today? True conversion has a visible impact on people. The way to be truly happy is to let go of yourself and serve. When you do this, God changes you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually!

This week was amazing in the things I learned and I wish I had more time to expound them and share them, but I hope my message was clear. I am here to help God's children have this change and come unto Christ.

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie
Elder Waters


Elder Summers

Our classroom

Our motto

How we learn Spanish

Our Branch

At the temple a couple weeks ago

No comments:

Post a Comment