Thursday, June 23, 2016

Week #2 - June 22 2016

Hello everyone,

This week went SUPER fast! that may have been due to the previous week feeling like mollassess. Last p-day we got to go to the Mexico City temple which is HUGE! Like it is crazy big. It was a super neat experience to be able to go through a session but i was in spanish. (Later our district found out we could ask for headsets) It was interesting the new things I learned from it being in spanish. I am super glad I was able to go a few times before I left because I was able to understand most of the session. Everything is beautiful here but the days are long and full.

This week was kind of a difficult week with my companions. I thought I was a stubborn person...yeah, we kinda have things worked out, but mostly I just have to listen and learn. Planning is difficult in a trio, but I think it has been good for me. The language is progressing well and teaching is getting much easier. We are now teaching two "investigators" named Daniela and the other Raymundo. We had a couple of really neat experiences where we finally were able to plan effectively and we could tell that it would be a good lesson before we even went in.

Here is the good stuff, I mean the stuff that I learned this week:
1. God truly calls people to do His work. I know that our district leader was an inspired call because we had interviews and afterward I had such a feeling of comfort from the counsel that I knew he was the correct choice.
2. Following counsel is just as important as hearing it. The reason our planning improved was because we all listened and followed the counsel of our leaders. We can listen all we want, but unless we actually change, there is no point.
3. Humility can come in a variety of forms, but it is dependent on attitude. Background, one of my companions tends to make us late to things. On Monday, we change our sheets, and they set a new set on our beds for us to make. We had a weird meeting early that morning before GYM time that got out late and we were about ten minutes late getting back to our house to change. I took some time to make my bed and we were about a total of fifteen minutes late getting to GYM. We ended up not working out for the whole time anyway and everything was fine. However, the making of my bed bothered my companion and he used a story of something that happened in his ward to chasten me a little bit. Now here is where the attitude comes in. I could have completely ranted on him or just shrugged off the chastening but I thought about it, and realized a couple of things. First, my companion really showed love to me by taking the thought to think of a story to use to help teach me. Second, it probably was not the best time to make my bed, and even if he is not always on time doesn´t mean that I don´t need to be either. I realized that I should not compare my behavior to his, but I need only to look at how I can better myself.
4. It is more important to focus on learning the languages of the Spirit and of Love than it is to focus on learning Sanish. Presidente Packard, one of the counselors in our branch presidency gave me this wisdom. I am having an issue of improving my spanish because my companions are not quite as far along and don´t always want to try and speak it during free time. That is fine for them, but that is the help I need with the language. However, I can practice the language of love or the Spirit. It just focuses what I can do to better myself  fro what is really important.
5. Repentance is change. Last night´s devotional was all about that and I think it is something to remember that in order to repent, we need to change, or vice versa. 

Another interesting thing I forgot was that yesterday about 130 new missionaries arrived which increased our numbers a whole lot. I love you all and the work is going well!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

P.S. I really like Alma 22:16
Also, I have a pic from the temple that will have to wait because it is on one of the Hermana´s cameras. I don´t have many pictures but enjoy!





the quidditch field


No comments:

Post a Comment