Monday, February 20, 2017

Week #37 February 20 2017

Hola Todos!

As you may have noticed by the subject, I am no longer in Frederick MD, but rather I am now in Lancaster PA! This week has been nuts! To start, I had to mave and say goodbye to everybody. Tuesday was crazy because we had a temple trip that we were helping Hector to go to which he was able to! Wednesday is where the real craziness starts. I leave Frederick and drive an hour to Columbia. After that, I meet my ride who takes me too Lancaster, another 2 hours away. We get there and I find out we are changing apartments in 2 days which was great because I was already packed. Lancaster is certainly different than Frederick. It is older and it is a bit more city like. It is only a little creepy at night when then storm doors that weren't shut all the way suddenly open and close as if there are ghosts everywhere. After arriving in Lancaster things got busy, but I will just highlight some of the more interesting points. First off, we are teaching this less active part member family and they live in the most ridiculous spot ever. So to get there, you have to go through the fifth or so tiny alley on the left. Then after that, climb the sketchy metal stairs on the outside of a building up 2 flights to the third floor level, then knock on the 3 foot Hobit door and that's it. The first time we went I just busted up laughing. i have no idea how they even found the place because I don't think there is a legitimate address for the place. We also had this lesson with another family and it was the funniest thing to here these little girls named Layla and Gladys tell us different bible stories. It reminded me a lot of those 'kid History' videos on youtube. The details weren't right, which sometimes made it super funny, but it was cool to see a love for the bible at a young age. Later, we came back to the return appointment, and Annette, grandma of Layla and Gladys, is super tired but we begin to have a quick lesson, but kind of get chased out as she was really mad at her daughter for bringing drunk people into their home. We did teach her how to pray which was good. Sunday was fun, though pretty weird. The Branch is a little different because we meet in 2 different places as the Susquahana river separates the 2 sides. We are on the Lancaster side. So we get there early and have a correlation meeting over phone, and then branch council over skype. We have our meetings which consisted of a nice total of about 15 people, including the 4 missionaries and the 3 kids. They are wonderful people here and I am excited to do work here. Elder Livingston is my new companion and he is awesome! He is from Houston, Texas and has been serving here almost as long as I have as he came out 6 weeks after I did. Cool thing, he actually was born in Baltimore, but moved when he was 3 months old to Texas. Funny thing too, we both were trained by Elder Skarda. Basically I am super stoked to serve here and it will be a fun ride!


Sincerely,
Elder Haynie






















No comments:

Post a Comment