Monday, February 20, 2017

Week #33 January 23 2017

Hola Todos!

I am sorry I don't have the picture yet, but my branch president is supposed to send it to me. This week Hector was baptized!!! I think I could just end my email there.. ;) we really did have an amazing week!

Mostly this week was just getting everything secured for Hector's interview and his baptism. We had to hold it a little later than planned, but it all turned out. It was interesting what President McConkie said to me after Hector's interview. He told us specifically that we had done very well to prepare him and that a lot of times missionaries don't do as well. I am not saying this in any way to brag rather, it was something I felt the Lord was saying to me through him. When he said that to me I realized the Lord was saying 'thou good and faithful servant'. It really made up for all those times when it just felt like nothing could get accomplished, or that we weren't having success. Jump to Sunday, we start off early finishing everything up because we had a bunch of last minute changes to the program. We have an awesome member that brings a young man named Gervin to church and also an investigator of the hermanas named Micaela. Also, Patricia and her cute little 2 year old named Kimberly come. It was great, but sadly I sat in the back translating to English. I got lucky though, one talk was in English and so they had an on the spot translator into Spanish so I was able to sit back and listen. I didn't make it to the other meetings because we were working with the font to get it filled and somewhat warm. The baptismal service was beautiful and it was awesome to see Hector go down. After when he received the Holy Ghost, he for the first time really seemed alive! Like a little tiny flame in him! Very cool!

I'm sorry to cut it short, but I need to go! I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment