Monday, February 20, 2017

Week #36 February 13 2017

Hola Todos!

Big news! I will no longer be serving here in Frederick, MD, but instead I will be serving in Lancaster PA as a District leader. It will be really weird after spending 7 months here in Frederick. It is weird as far as missionary time goes to spend 5 transfers anywhere. I am excited for my new assignment, but at the same time it is a little scary. On the bright side I think I have a car so at least I won't freeze.

This week has been pretty interesting, though weird at the same time. Some highlights are pretty much Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we went out pretty early to some appointments and of course of the three we had 1 actually was there. Ivan was pretty cool. It was interesting to see how we were able to show how the Book of Mormon and the Bible actually work together which was awesome. We were able to answer his questions and then share a really cool lesson involving faith, fire, and a tea bag...Later that day we had our Branch Valentines Day activity. We had a joke that if we showed up on time we would be asked to set everything up and the party still wouldn't start until an hour and a half later. Turns out we didn't have to show up early to set up because we were called to go and do it and the activity like we thought still didn't start on time.....I will finish this later but just in case I will send what I have now. We have an activity so I need to go.



Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

Continued...
So we get a call to go set up so we bike to the Stake Center and set everything up. The reason they needed help is actually pretty legitimate. That morning, Saida and Rudy went to the temple, received their endowment and were sealed as a family for time and all eternity. Because of that, our whole branch was at the temple with them. So I also had this really weird moment where I was like, 'wait a second, this is a Valentines Day activity, why are we going when we are missionaries?' I then realized that we are in a Spanish branch and that it is a requirement to go to every activity. The activity was fun with good food. So Sunday rolls around. We get to church and they are having a special Branch Council with the Stake Presidency because it was our Branch conference. We were a minute or so late because our ride was late. We get there and they are just starting and then I get told to start translating for the Stake presidency. I guess that's what you get for being late. We had wonderful meetings. Later we went to Damascus and taught a family that was pretty sweet, but sadly I won't get to continue to teach them. After we went and stopped by our branch mission leader's house and there is way ore than just them there. They have their sister and her family, another family as well, along with a family from the branch and our Branch President's family. It was a full house! (Side story about Thursday this week. A family had signed up to feed us but forgot that it was their daughter's birthday. They still tell us to come over and I swear there are at least 50 people in a small home meant for 5. It turned out really cool because Ivan our investigator actually showed up. Though, I will say that day was super cold.) So of course we eat and enjoy a conversation about a lot of different things. After, we have the opportunity to share a message. We had prepared an awesome object lesson involving those spiky balls I make, a puzzle Nat sent me for Christmas, and a Chess set. It turned out pretty cool, and was amazing how we can learn so many things from the simple things. Today was pretty awesome The reason I had to finish early was because we had a Zone Nerf war! It was super awesome! Hopefully somebody will send the videos, but it was just plain awesome. I am excited for the change and ready to keep up the work!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie








No comments:

Post a Comment