Monday, February 20, 2017

Week #34 January 30 2017

Hola Todos!

Life here in Frederick is pretty much the same, but still is wonderful! Things are looking up in the work! I think the biggest change is probably those that were made in the missionary broadcast. We now have only 4 key indicators to report. Also, we now have a different schedule to follow which gives us freedom to organize our days and our studies. I don't have a ton of time this week because I keep getting distracted by a number of things, one being talking to the other guy here in the computer lab. The gospel is for everybody! This week I think the most important thing was just to be. I know that sounds weird, but what I mean to say is that this week I just felt like I did my part. I am not perfect, but I felt like I was a part in God's work. Sometimes we may not see results every week, but I have been looking at a few things, first: God prepares people not us. It is interesting because we have a super exciting week ahead that shows the Lord is preparing the way. Second, Hector is not a just drop off the Earth convert, rather he is sincerely committed. I can really see who he can become and it is marvelous. He is ready to receive the priesthood, and it is awesome to see how the Spirit has been such an influence on him. Not only him, but his whole house. All in all, I don't have a whole lot to say this week. I hope all is well especially for my parents in China right now. Interesting thing I just remembered, we gave talks Sunday, which really just was a pain because we didn't find out till Saturday, had no time to prepare and I was translating so I couldn't even use the other speaker's time. Elder Jun's talk was truly inspiring, and I love how even imperfect Spanish can have the message be shared perfectly. My talk seemed to go fine, but it feels weird being the missionary with the most experience speaking. I love you all lots and hope you can all find experiences to share  the message of Jesus Christ!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

Everyone keeps asking me what I normally eat at home which has brought about the discussion of what is American food? I would appreciate help because really I am not sure.

Thanks!
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment