Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week #20: October 24 2016

Hola Todos!
This week I am a little rushed to write. Just a quick note, did the pictures I sent last week work? I got a whole lot of emails asking for access or something.

This week in Frederick we did a lot of contacting. Many of our investigators we could not contact, so it has been a little bit of a turnover. I learned quite a bit because of this though. 
1. I learned first that the Lord puts people in your path. We were trying to visit someone yesterday, but instead we found a relative of one of our members. She had apparently attended church once and really enjoyed it and would like to come again.
2. I feel like this is the same with the scriptures. Even if it seems like you have been in an area and visited everyone, there is always someone.
3. Areas that seem like they don't have any Spanish population actually do! You just need to be diligent and ask lots of people.

I don't have a ton of time to email today, but I just want you all to know that I love you and that the work of the Lord is going forth. I have noticed that many of you are being very blessed. I don't know if maybe that is because you are looking for them, but I believe that the Lord has blessings for each and every one of us. D&C 82:10, 130:20-21,132:5.

As a side note, my mother asked how my spanish is and I am pleased to say that I am nearly fluent. I don't want to brag because by no means is my grammar perfect, nor do I know all of the words, but I can understand nearly everything, unless someone is cursing, and I can speak my mind nearly completely. I know that the power of the gift of tongues is real. I have been reading aloud the book of Mormon in Spanish and am in Helaman.

Sorry that I do not have pics. this week, but I did take them. Double next week! Sorry...

I am grateful for all of your prayers!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment