Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week #14: September 13 2016

Hola Todos!

As you can probably notice, my preparation day was not yesterday, but is in fact today! The reason for this is that we had Zone Conference with Elder Robert C. Gay of the 70 for our mission tour. This week is pretty exciting because we are having an Apostle an two more members of the Seventy. I do know who they are, but they have been pretty tight with who it is so I'm not sure if I am supposed to share that quite yet. I am way excited for this.

My mother asked me to tell a little more about my companions so I will.
Elder Skarda was pretty cool! He was smart and always trying to do good. He has lived all over the place but will say he is from Minnesota. Elder Skarda is very obedient, but knows to have fun too. He has been out a year as of last transfer.
Elder Baum is the BOMB! He is super great and what a trooper! He has been sick all but the first two transfers of his mission. He is from Spanish Fork Utah. His family was inactive growing up, but he gained his testimony through prayer and study of the Book of Mormon.
Elder Garcia Cordero is from Bogota Colombia. He is 23. His family is half Catholic and half LDS. He lives with his mom's side in Utah and has for 9 years now. He was baptized when he was 14, but didn't gain a testimony until a little over a year ago. He has had to work hard for it and is committed. 

I had many experiences this week that I learned from

1. Listen- No matter how many times they keep telling me this, I always feel I can work on this one better. Not only is it important to listen to other people, but even more is to listen to the promptings of the Spirit. They are there, we just take a little while sometimes to hear. Elder Gay talked about this quite a bit yesterday.
2. The Book of Mormon has Power in conversion. We have been working harder to get people to read and progress and it is amazing the difference it makes.
3. We have an impact on people. One of our investigators named Giovani asked if he could take a picture with me. I wish I had used my camera as well, but sadly I didn't think about it at the time. Apparently I had an impact on him, more than I had even thought. Sadly, he had an emergency and had to return to El Salvador.

All in all, everything is well, the work is moving forward!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie



No comments:

Post a Comment