Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week #17: October 3 2016

Hola Todos!

Holy Smokes! I don't feel like a week has gone by, but that is the way I guess. Life here in Frederick, MD is pretty great! We are teaching new people and doing the Lord's work! 

We had an awesome lesson the other day with a man named Ilario. (ilario) I think that's his name, though I am not entirely sure because it was the first time I had ever heard it. He is from the Dominican Republic, which means his Spanish is way different, but he is awesome! We were actually trying to teach his son-in-law, Johnzci, (yo-on-see) but he has six bouncing children so it was a little difficult to teach him. However, Ilario was there and we were able to teach the whole Restoration. The Spirit was strong and we invited him to be baptized the 30 of October. He has many things to change still, but the Lord will make all possible.

Later that day, we taught a man named Samir(In previous letters he may have been called Samuel, or Sadir, or Samil. His pronunciation of his name was weird, and he spelt it wrong last time we asked soooo) He struggles with accepting Joseph Smith and actually following through with commitments. He has a strong desire to learn but has no support from those around him. We visited him, and things just worked out. It was in this time we figured out why it was so hard to keep commitments and we are working hard with him.

Things I learned this week...
Well, I think perhaps I do not have time to share it all and that it may be difficult to number.
1. I didn't really learn this, but it was affirmed. The Apostles are prophets, seers and revelators. They are without a doubt the servants the Lord has chosen to guide His church. As I was watching conference, I just felt the Spirit testify of their divine mantel. It happened on every one of them. I could literally see it in them.
2. The Apostles have been inspired with revelation that we needed. As I was listening and thinking, the more I ponder, the more I realize how needed their message was for us.
3. They are missionaries as well. I found that throughout the conference, all the points of the lessons were covered.
4. The (again reaffirmed) Book of Mormon is without a doubt the true word of God and has been written for our day. Both because of the testimonies of the Apostles, and the manifestation I received, I know that it is true. Along the same lines, I know that the words written are written for us. I have been studying the war chapters this week and have been trying to apply and see the purpose behind why we needed them written for our time. Very interesting. Other thought, there is a devotional or something given by John Bytheway that helps get  you set in the mindset.
5. Preparation is key to receiving personal revelation. I don't think that I have ever been as prepared to listen to conference as I was this past weekend.

If there is any doubt that the Atonement can heal all, go and listen to the messages shared at this conference. There is no doubt to me of the infinite healing power that comes through Christ. Also, there is none on this Earth that doesn't need the relief it can bring. Consequently, there are none who do not qualify to receive these blessings. Repentance is not a burden, nor a means to make us feel guilt, however, it is a healing process that is one of the greatest gifts we have been given.

Words, and thoughts.

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

I'm sorry I don't have more, but I keep forgetting to take them....

No comments:

Post a Comment