Monday, April 17, 2017

Week #45 April 17 2017

Hola Todos!

So the subject is what our key indicators were for this week which means we had a wonderful week based on who these people represent. I apologize in advance because I don't have my camera on me and I'm not sure if I have any on my companion's camera. But, this week was super awesome! We had a very spiritual Zone conference on Tuesday followed by a super awesome day where we picked up many new investigator for the week! That is where the 6 comes in. I don't know about other missions as much, but here our standard of excellence is to find 2 new investigators per week, and sometimes that is a difficult, but doable task. So we had a super miraculous day and were able to find some new people to teach. Then we concluded the day with some very late night interviews. I was the last to go and mine ended at 10:45, which in missionary time is super late...It was very uplifting though. That day we finally began teaching the man named Noel and his son. We ran into them last Sunday and shared with them the Easter initiative video. It fit his needs exactly and it was amazing to see how the prophets really do receive revelation. We had one of the most spiritual lessons where I felt like everything was directed by a higher hand. I am excited because we will see him again today. But the really cool thing happened on Friday. I am going to take a cut from my letter to president:


Teaching- We had a super awesome week! We had this lesson on Friday with our investigators Jose and Glenda. It went well, but the cool part was near the end of it. We were helping resolve their doubts about baptism, and Jose still felt like he wanted to be baptized, but not quite yet. We new about that, but then we decided to ask his wife more directly. She said she had no doubts really, so we invited her to be baptized on the 29 of April. She accepted! This really surprised me because She is a lot quieter and I did not expect her to say yes first. Then, on Sunday after all the meetings, Jose comes up to me and says, I talked with my wife and prayed and I want to be baptized as well the 29th! He told us he had gotten a confirmation during one of the classes. President, the Spirit is real, and absolutely a member of the Godhead. I think sometimes we forget that in this work we have God on our side, literally His presence can be with us. There are moments where I just ask how, because my mortal capacity to understand is so limited to comprehend how so much power can be present to create these profound changes in people.

I do need to be going soon, but I love you all! Happy Birthday Mother, Yeah that's right, my Mom is awesome!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie




No comments:

Post a Comment