Monday, April 17, 2017

Week #42 March 27 2017

Hola todos!

This week was long and eventful. On Monday I may have mentioned that we got to go to Skyzone after we had done emailing because one of the companionships had acquired 10 free tickets for an hour. (Missionaries find the weirdest stuff) So we went and had a fun time there, but sadly one of the Hermanas hurt her foot pretty bad. It was kind of ironic because she has just had problem after problem. She would almost be like another Job...Because of that, we really had adventures! So Tuesday comes around and she needs someone to take her to York and back as soon as possible for some odd reason. We then have to cancel district meeting but we still did Exchanges. I got to spend the day with Elder Fitzgerald. Here is an excerpt from my letter to president:
-First I need to report on the exchanges we had this week. I did not mean to save it to the end, but because of snow and a couple other things it just landed that way. First, on Tuesday I was able to spend the day with Elder Fitzgerald. He is a wonderful Elder with a bright testimony of the gospel. I was most impressed how loving he was towards the work. We were able to spend a lot of time talking and have a great exchange even though the day did not go as planned. I was impressed with his willingness to learn a few Spanish phrases and apply them to the work. I sometimes feel Spanish exchanges are not fair because the other Elder does not always have a whole lot to do, but both of these Elders really carried their role and were a great help.-
We then had exchanges with Elder Hopper
-Because of crunch for time we had the second exchange from Thursday evening to Friday. I was very impressed with Elder Hopper and can see the light of missionary work in his eyes. He knows the Book of Mormon is true and wants to share it with everybody he knows. I can tell that the mission has changed him and that he has felt the power of the atonement in his life. He made me want to be better. this doesn't mean that he was a dull companion, rather, he has learned how to feel in his skin to use his talents to serve the Lord. You have a fine set of Elders here.-
I am just going to skip to Sunday
-We had a super awesome miracle! We have been working with a golden investigator and his wife, Jose and Glenda, and he hasn't been able to come to church because they feel uncomfortable with their two severely autistic children. He came though! The reason she did not come apparently was because she did not have a dress to wear. He came and it scared me at first because he comes late which is okay because our meetings are reversed ish for some reason. We go into priesthood and an argument just about starts yup and I just think, OHhhhhh dear... There goes our hope! Turns out to be okay and we have a prayer and the Spirit settled in. At the end of the lesson we find out that hermano Arocho will be giving a talk and I just think... Ohhhhh dear, that is the man that has accidentally driven people away from the branch... It turns out that He gives one of the best talks on the Articles of Faith I have heard. At the end of the meeting I turn to Jose, and he just says to me, "I liked it a lot" (translated). Miracles come after the trial of faith!-
I used a lot from my letter to president because between that and the journal this is like the third or fourth time I am telling the story.

Other notes, one I realize I may have forgotten to tell my address and that is mostly because I was not sure if I would receive mail well there or not. My address is 833 Pleasure Rd. Apt E34
Lancaster, PA 17603.

I love you all lots!






No comments:

Post a Comment