Monday, April 17, 2017

Week #40 March 13 2017

Hola Todos!

This week was pretty great! Monday I think I may have already told about, but it was a pretty great day. Tuesday we had Zone Training and we learned lots of great things there. Then I had the opportunity to go on Exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Blazzard and Elder Burtenshaw took my place here. We went back did a quick overview then headed out! We had some pretty great experiences and met some people. I decided that English people think differently than Hispanics. Like, it is a completely different type of missionary work! For some reason we always have miracles on exchanges. We found these two guys and taught them the Restoration and when we went to read from the scriptures one of them said, I have this really cool bible app on my phone that I really like because it reads to me. Come to find out it was the gospel Library app. I was amazed. While I was away, Elder Livingston had some pretty awesome miracles. All the people we had been trying to meet finally opened their doors and made appointments. I feel like the Lord was being very abundant in His blessings for us this week. Thursday we were able to eat steak from one of our investigators, the Hope family. We shared the video the Mediator, and then invited them to Stake Conference. Sunday was very uplifting. The Hope family was a little late to the meeting, but the Made it! They really enjoyed it. One of my personal favorites was that a 91 year-old recent convert was invited to share his testimony. He opens by saying of all my life I am the happiest I have ever been. He then proceeded to share his gratitude and belief in the Savior. Everybody was in tears. Another highlight was our final speaker Elder Dudley of the Seventy. He gave a wonderful talk about weeds and seeds. He told an experience he had as a Stake President when President Hinkley came as they were looking for a possible temple sight. Throughout the story, he really showed how prophets are truly inspired by God and empowered to do the work. Also, he used different instances of when President Hinkley Stomped on the weeds and when he would gather and then plant and nourish them. We should then symbolically stomp on the weeds of doubt and replace them with faith, stomp on pride and plant humility in the stead. It was a really great talk.

Well, I got to get going, but let it be known that God loves us and blesses His children. Also Romans 8 is wonderful but Spanish is a better translation. I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment