Monday, April 17, 2017

Week #43 April 3 2017

Hola Todos!

This week was very long, but also pretty great! I forgot to tell you all about my new companion Elder Patience! He is from Prescott Arizona and has been out since October. He is a very diligent missionary and he speaks excellent Spanish. This week we had a super awesome miracle! We have been working with Jose and his wife Glenda. We taught them the Word of Wisdom this week and it was amazing how prepared people are. They are very close to baptism and it is exciting! -I keep getting distracted by all these people around me this week.-We were very busy and I will get a much better letter next week. 

Conference was wonderful! I Truly testify that the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are prophets, seers, and revelators. I was impressed by all of the talks, but ones of particular focus to me was Elder Oak's address, and Elder Rasband's address. I think that something that impressed me was to always act on the first impression. Here is a short experience I had:
 I had a weird experience yesterday. I felt the impression to turn left instead of the planned right because there would be someone on the corner. We get to the corner and almost run into a man as we come around it. I offered the card for the initiative and was frankly but kindly turned down. Though I didn't see any success, I believe the purpose was to see if I would act, and I did.
I think that this is the key. The Lord is speaking to us always and will guide us. We need to act if we want to feel his guidance. I love how we are able to hear the Lord in our lives. I was once again reminded of the power of the Spirit. As I listened I received multiple confirmations of truth that I cannot deny. I know it and cannot deny the impressions I was given.

I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

ps pictures will be coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment