Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week #25: November 28 2016

Hola Todos!

I have had a way busy week that has been way fun as well! For starters, My new companions are Elder Southwick and Elder Jun! Elder Jun is a fresh missionary right off the block and my trainee! Elder Southwick is just about ready to go home but has the energy of a bunny rabbit! They are way fun and I am learning lots. Elder Jun is from Orem, UT but was born in Korea. He speaks fluent Korean and now will be trilingual! All of the members keep giving him weird looks because he is an Asian speaking Spanish. Elder Southwick is from a little town called Battleground, WA. He is way awsome and loves to work hard. Side note, as a companionship we have been playing a game called 'what are the odds'. Long story short it is a little bit chancy. I lost and had to super glue a bottle to my face, but Elder Southwick accidentally got it in my hair and now I have this funny hard spot in my hair that won't come out. Luckily it isn't noticeable to see, but it is kinda awful in my hair. Though, Elder Southwick got the worst of it and let's just lave it at he had to do some crazy stuff! Elder Jun has spunk and is just plain awesome. We met up the other day with my old companion Elder Baum and his companion Elder Bowcutt to go and eat while they were down on a medical trip. We took our lunch and Elder Baum happened to bring his Flashbang hot-sauce.This stuff is CRAZY. I had to try it of course because there aren't many opportunities to try a sauce that hot. 1 drop will make a whole gallon of food be spiced up big time. Elder Jun took 4 and hardly flinched. He was like, "wow this is really hot"...went and got some Horchata... "Wow this is REALLY hot!" I took 2 drops and it immediately sent me into a teary hiccuping fit where everything was liquid flame and my insides just wanted to be on the out. My tummy ached super bad, but in the end it all worked out. Elder Jun said it!

Events and stuff this week!
Monday and Tuesday were a little stressful getting everything ready for the transfer, Wednesday we had meetings and transfers and fun missionary stuff. Thursday, we weekly planned then had a very fattening day. We started out early with a lovely breakfast with one of the members named Isabel Lopez and her Husband Andrew and her daughter Emma. (Pancakes, Sausage, yogurt, fruit,) LAter after planning, We had a dinner planned with our investigator Yotsy and Liz and their family. It was a jolly ole time! We arrive and they had started early, the only time Latinos start early is to eat..., but the had three ginormous plates with rice, purple looking potatoes, some sort of Peruvian steak stuff that was the bomb, Latino turkey, and this dessert that was like a cinnamon roll but different. Dinner 1. While their we had some awesome discussions and it was way helpful in building relations with them and discussing the gospel. Dinner 2. Directly after we headed to a part member family's house, Lino and his wife. Lino is Spanish, but his wife is from Cambodia! So, there were lots of fun people to talk to there. We had Asian food for this one which all tasted really goo, but we were already stuffed to the bone. We leave and they hand us huge pieces of cake as we walk out. Dinner 3. We head then to our Branch Mission Leader Alex Ventura's home for dinner 3. We get there and I am dying. We set out and there is lots of turkey and Spaghetti. I get to the point where I just say, "this food is really wonderful and I don't want to waste i, could I take it home with me?" Relief! My companion was being funny and decided to dish us up huge helpings. Funny thing though, he gave our new companion the throat and didn't tell him. The Venturas kept telling him, Elder Jun, that he didn't have to eat it, but he didn't know what they were saying and just nodded his head and said si. Way funny and a great day. Friday we went out and did service, had correlacion, dinner with a member, then we had some cancellations. Saturday was a day full of miracles where we were able to meet and teach most of our investigators. We had help fro the members and we found some new people to teach. Sunday, not a ton happened, but it was not near as exciting as Saturday. All in all a pretty awesome week.

Things I learned
1. Don't do dumb things. Slightly dumb thigs can turn to really dumb things fast and leave glue in your hair.
2. I appreciate healthy eating habits much more.
3. We for some reason didn't actually set our goals and write them down for Sunday. Setting goals is a way we show our faith that even though we might have cancellations, the Lord will make it possible anyway. There was an insane difference in that and just by showing the Lord that we are putting it in His hands. It wasn't that we didn't have good plans or not write them dawn, rather we simply forgot the numbers. The numbers though are a big way to show trust in the Lord. Just interesting.

All in all, things are going well! I am loving Frederick and Miracles are happening!

Sincerely,
Elder HaynieInline image 6
I am not sure if I sent this to you but there is a 12 mile per hour sign that just gets me every time I pass it.
Inline image 1Inline image 9Inline image 2
Me, Elder Southwik, and Elder Jun
Inline image 8
Elder Southwick lost and had to eat 2 boxes, and then 1 more box of Fruity pebbles in one sitting! He was sick that night...
Inline image 7
District Photo!(Hermanas_Hermana Colby, Hermana Matamoros,Hermana Hart, Sister Hufaker, Sister Hubenthal, Elderes_Me, Eler Lehnig, Elder Garcia Cordero, Elder Reeder)
Inline image 3
I am pointing at my area
Inline image 5Inline image 4
One more thought! All of you need to check out the Christmas initiative! Go to mormon.org and explore. Also all of the videos are on you devices in the LDS gospel library app.

No comments:

Post a Comment