Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week #24: November 21 2016

Hola todos!

Soooo, I get to stay in Frederick! I will be trio training with the legendary Elder Southwick! It is going to be way awesome! It got cold here fast! It has been a little chilly, but two days ago we biked in the morning and it was hot. in the afternoon we were about to be blown away by the cold Wyoming-like wids that were about to turn us into kites with tags! We had a miracle as we were trying to head back to get some warmer things and get off the bikes when a member, just happening to have a trailer, picked us up and took us home. The cold is weird here.

As far as things this week, Things were kind of crazy. I did not get pictures taken this week because the Hermanas had my sd card all week until yesterday. Things it appears are changing everywhere, weather, companion, and whatever else all of you are experiencing. With change comes new things and a whole lot of learning. Though things around us change there are some things that do not change. nor will they because they are the things of God. We will always base our testimonies in Christ. God is our Father in heaven and loves us. The way to happiness is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had some really awesome blessings this week.
1. Washington. His first lesson was good, but we didn't know if he was really serious in his search for truth. (he was a little tipsy) Fun thing before the spiritual part, he says to us, "Is it bad that I help people? I mean if you want to borrow a car, go ahead I have four...(Say that part in a super humble voice...) BUT YOU BETTER BRING IT BACK OR i'LL KICK YOUR..." Super funny! He is way nice. we went back and he had read and had good questions. He is sincerely looking for truth and I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to teach him.
2. Yosty, who has been having a hard time finding faith in Christ, acted on our commitment to pray and ask if He is the savior of the world! It was awesome because though he did not do it maybe how we would expect, he was able to feel those confirming feelings from the Holy Ghost. There are certain things that will not change.
3. I have been trying to better learn how to receive personal revelation this week. I found that sometimes the reason we don't receive an answer is because we choose to blind ourselves to that answer.
4. Neat experience, but I should have put it first because it is not exactly happy. Our neighbor was in a pickle. We had done all we could to help him and tried to get a hold of people that could. He was in need of a miracle. It came to the point where all we could do was turn to prayer to let Go take care of where we had failed. You have to remember that our neighbor is not a strong believer, though he has had 3 near death experiences and recognizes gratitude for it. In that moment, I promised him that if he would kneel in prayer with us and show his faith to God, he would receive the miracle he needed. He did not have the faith to do so. We still prayed, though I am not sure what happened. I believe that things mostly worked out, but I know that there were greater things that could have happened. It made me think of a few stories in the scriptures. First, I thought of the Nefites as they were about to be destroyed, and also the Jaredites. They, after having a knowledge were living in rebellion against God and would not turn to Him. In their afflictions, they cursed God instead of humbling themselves and repenting to turn to God. I wondered, is this the judgements of God coming down because his unbelief after receiving wonderful miracles? I do not mean to say this in a bad way, rather as a learning experience. As I was writing this, I thought of another story, the one of the serpents where all they had to do was look and they would be healed. I learned some really good things from this, 1. these are the last days, 2. people have agency, 3. I learned how to see scriptures applied in real life, 4. I learned what a sure knowledge feels like, 5. God has all power and knows what we need and how to help us, 6. Our access to His power is limited/based upon our faith we give Him.

All in all I am excited to begin a new chapter here in Frederick Maryland!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment