Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week #22: November 7 2016


DSCF0934.JPG
Rainbow Leaf!
DSCF0938.JPGDSCF0939.JPGDSCF0940.JPGDSCF0935.JPGDSCF0936.JPGDSCF0937.JPG
Hola Todos!

I feel like we are all in a time of transition, but maybe that is me. This week we did a lot of finding and had exchanges. Elder Lehnig was my companion for a day, and he doesn't speak a lick of Spanish. Things went well though, and all was great. A little about him, he is huge! He likes video games and things of that nature. Also he likes to talk about deep doctrine and things like that. He is sometimes a little off in some ideas, but he is very interesting company. Overall, my week was pretty long and hard. It was truly a good week, but it has been hard to meet with our investigators. I had an experience that changed my whole look on who we are as members of the church.

1. This is really the only experience I would like to share because currently, all others don't compare enough that I cannot remember them at the moment. Last night we had the opportunity to meet with a member and his family, their friends and the branch president and his family. His name is Alex Ventura. After dinner, he came with us to visit one of our investigators. Gregorio could not meet with us, so we just talked to Hermano Ventura for a minute. On Saturday, he had the wonderful opportunity to receive his endowments. I have never seen or talked with someone who has as much conviction to live the gospel, who is so committed to keep his covenants. I have never seen a person that understood so much from the temple. He is completely consecrated, and is willing to give anything to show his service and willingness. He does not want any gory for it, rather he is living Alma 29:9. It is because of his love for God and the Lord. He is a captain Moroni; if all men were like him,the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

I cannot describe the feelings of love I felt for this wonderful man. I know the Lord loves each and everyone of us.

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment