Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week #23: November 14 2016

Hola Todos!

Quick miracle off the bat, I will not have to purchase a bike while out here because I was blessed to have one made available if I could fix it. Thank you Daddy for teaching me how to fix bikes. Though, tools do make it a ton easier...

This week was pretty interesting. Anyone who has been receiving these emails may have noticed that the past few weeks have been very hard as far as teaching. This week we truly had miracles.

Things I learned this week:
1. We don't receive blessings until after the trial of our faith.
It has felt like a spiritual drought, but the Lord saw fit to bless us bountifully. We found 6 new investigators this week, all with quite a bit of potential. Also, Yotsy has been praying with his family and is willing to search for truth and exercise faith to ask God if Jesus is the Savior of the World.
2. If we are not grateful for what we do have, it will be taken and used elsewhere. We had not used our time very effectively on Thursday, and so we ended up giving the car to the hermanas who needed it more than we did. Because of it, they had a miracle and were able to go and put someone on date.
3. When we repent, we gain the Lord's power. We did not receive miracles until after I had repented. I don;t know about my companion, but I know that I felt the need to do so and almost immediately after I did, and that includes me acting on my desire to be better, we began to see the miracles.
4. Our leaders are divinely appointed by God. I have two stories for this one. First, we had Zone Conference Friday and I was kind of shocked at how direct the guidance we received was to my needs. Remember that zone conference is forever long like 8 hours long. It was all pure revelation for what I needed. Also, it was by acting on what I heard that I saw changes. Also, I could literally see the role change as our old branch mission leader was released and a new one called. I could see the shift of who was directing the work. It was very cool.

Well, I forgot to take pictures this week...............whoops, but I did find investigators which is the important part!

I love you all lots!

Sincerely,
Elder Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment