Monday, April 17, 2017

Week #41 March 20 2017

This week was really interesting. Monday I got a haircut. Tuesday we got a foot and a half of snow. Because of that Tuesday we got stuck in pretty much all day and most of Wednesday as well. Basically until Friday nothing much happened at least that I can even remember. I mean we were out and about but the only thing I really remember is helping this lady who had a ton of snow blocking her car. Friday though, we got in with the Hope family and watched the Restoration with them. They loved it so we came back the next day to help answer some of their questions. Saturday was CRAZY! We get out early and find a man we had been trying to contact named Alvaro. We set an appointment for later which just added to our busy schedule. Comes down to it, we had a very miraculous day where things just happened that shouldn't have happened all on their own. It was great! We had another lesson with a Lady named Sylvia who is actually the friend of one of our less active members. We did not know that before the lesson. Oh, I almost forgot! Thursday we get a call as we are about to go and eat that we are late to a dinner appointment we were not told about. We hurry over there and turns out to be a family who has not been able to come to church because the man of the home has had to work on Sundays. Turns out that they can actually come! Also, as we are talking their daughter and her family are their waiting for her husband to pick her up. She leaves because her husband drives by and we ask if she is a member. Turns out she isn't. Then as we are speaking she comes back in because it actually wasn't her husband! We then are able to share a super awesome message that was very powerful, not because we were teaching better, but the Spirit was very strong. Sunday, we do a church swap with the Hope family and it was weird. It wasn't the actual church that made it weird, in fact it was very well organized and they did a wonderful job welcoming us. I felt overdressed as I was in a full suit and the Pastor didn't even where a tie. As the proceedings went on there were good things that were said, but something just felt missing. I felt like I was in a presentation for something rather than worshiping God. I was surprised at a number of things. First, it took them over half the time before they even started the sermon and they just didn't talk about much. They had very good fellowship one to another, but there was something missing. As the Sermon went on He proceeded to share a message using an assortment of scriptures focused on one at the very end of Mark. They kindly had a program to take notes with that followed along with the sermon. At the end I realized that nothing false was taught, rather I was severely disappointed because I felt like nothing was taught. I looked back and there was no doctrine taught. None. I found nothing false, but nothing true either. We later were able to go to our meetings in church and as we partook of the Sacrament there was a supreme difference. It was not because of things familiar, rather the Spirit was able to be present in the fullness. It was a wonderful experience overall. I am grateful for the opportunity we have to worship our God and that He has sent His Spirit to confirm the truth of all things.

I love you all!


Sincerely,
Elder Haynie





No comments:

Post a Comment